if you love making cake and still make mistakes in preparation and if do you think your cake fail to produce softness and texture then here you will find good tips for you
Tips > CAKE TIPS (Healthy and Cooking Tips )
if you love making cake and still make mistakes in preparation and if do you think your cake fail to produce softness and texture
then here you will find good tips for you
- Measure ingredients with a digital kitchen scale.
- Measure all ingredients to exact amounts first, then sift.
- Preheat the oven first before starting, make sure the rack is in the center (unless directed differently),wait till it reaches exact time.
- Ingredients for cakes should be room temperature
- To speed up the softening of cold butter, grate or thinly slice it and let stand for about 10 minutes over a bowl of warm water.
- Toss nuts, raisins and chopped fruits in flour first. This will help keep them suspended in batters.
- Separate egg white n yellow,first–beat yolks till golden and creamy then add to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Beat the egg whites seperately until light and frothy and add to the butter mixture.
- Always start and end with dry ingredients,alternating with wet ingredients.
- Mix all dry ingredients and then add to egg mixture
- Don’t overmix once dry ingredients are added. Just mix on low speed until incorporated
- Be careful with your sugar,too much can cause a dark crust (one of several possible causes), too little can cause too light a crust or tough texture.
- Watch your flour–too much can cause a cracked top (one of several possible causes)
- Shiny pans reflect heat and are best choice for baking cakes
- In general, use 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder for every cup of flour in cake batters
- Fill tins no more than 1/2 to 2/3 full to allow for even rising
- Using a toothpick,fork, test for doneness by placing the toothpick into the middle. If it comes out clean, it’s done.
- Cool cakes completely in the pans before trying to remove them.
- Don’t cool on the stove where there’s heat, they’re best cooled on a rack placed on the counter.
Gently insert a knife between the outside of the cake and the inside of the tin. Run it along the edges to loosen things up before turning out
Enjoy making easy cake
Top New Posts