Foods that FIGHT Ageing
By: Nasim 27 Jul 2013 (12210)
some super age-fighter foods that you can add to your diet to reduce the effects of aging
Facts About Food > Foods that FIGHT Ageing (Facts )
Foods that FIGHT Ageing
History and legend are full of tales of great adventurers who searched for eternal youth. Unfortunately these quests failed. One thing we've learnt from history it's that there's no one secret to long life and good health.
Longevity doesn’t come from some supernatural herb, a hidden spring, or a secret substance, but from a combination of healthy diet, mental and physical exercise and a lifestyle free of age-accelerating habits.
Here is some of nature’s youth boosting foods.
- While a good diet is essential to maintain good health, there are some super age-fighter foods that you can add to your diet to reduce the effects of aging
- Some of these foods work because they’re high in essential nutrients which combat age-related diseases like cancer and high blood pressure. Other foods because they contain amino acids which boost mental and metabolic function. Others are good because they contain substances to boost your immune system and help eliminate free radicals.
Foods that help you look and feel young
- From blueberries to goji berries and strawberries, all berries are excellent sources of antioxidants, fibre, vitamins and minerals.
- They help to reduce inflammation, improve digestion and promote healthy collagen production.
- Capsaicin is the main compound in cayenne pepper that gives it its heat. Capsaicin heats up your body, too, because it’s a vasodilator, which means it increases blood flow by opening up your blood vessels.
- Cayenne peppers are rich in beta-carotene, which is necessary for a healthy immune system.
- They also contain lutein and zeaxanthin, powerful antioxidants that help protect your vision and your cardiovascular system.
Green leafy vegetables:
- Wrinkle-fighting antioxidants, vitamins C and E and beta-carotene can be found in green leafy vegetables.
- With their immunity-boosting properties, they also protect against cancer , arthritis and heart diseases.
- Playing a pivotal role in skin renewal and removal of harmful free radicals from the system, these green vegetables have a powerful effect as anti-ageing promoters.
- is a rich source of omega-3 fatty oils, the components that play a very important role in improving the elasticity of the skin. This effect further reduces wrinkles.
- Omega-3 fat is not produced by our bodies; it needs to be replenished from external sources and is found in plenty in fish.
- Your pick: Salmon, trout, herring, sardines, mackerel or pilchards
- not only contain antioxidants, they’re rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins and fibre.
- They’re also responsible for lowering blood cholesterol and help prevent heart disease.
- And a healthy body will give you healthy skin. Choose oats, brown rice and barley.
- contains high concentrations of catechin polyphenols. These compounds work in your body with other chemicals to heighten levels of fat oxidation and thermogenesis (a state created in the body by burning fat as fuel).
- Aim for three cups a day if you're trying to lose weight.
- Green tea has also been shown to be a preventative against cancer, heart disease and high cholesterol.
- are rich in Vitamin A and omega-3 fatty acids, nuts are a rich source of nutrients vital to your skin.
- They protect it by ing a fluid, rich membrane in the skin that is moist and flexible.
- The fluidity keeps the skin supple and prevents premature ageing.
- are high in vitamin C and potassium, a good source of fibre. They’re also high in polyphenols - tannins, anthocyanins and ellagic acid.
- Pomegranate juice contains particularly high amounts of all three.
- As antioxidants, they are credited with helping in the prevention of cancer and heart disease.
Red wine :
- is loaded with antioxidants and resveratrol. Resveratrol is known for its powerful anti ageing properties.
- Resveratrol reduces harmful cholesterol, protects heart and arteries, boosts immune system and helps guard against cancer.
- in vegetables is twice as powerful as beta carotene.
- It contains antioxidants, vitamins and minerals for skin regeneration.
- Include tomatoes, sweet potato and ginger in your meals for maximum benefits.
Image Source : www.salon.com
See The Big Image