Honey for Acid Reflux
By: Nasim 25 Aug 2013 (257)
Honey can be so effective in treating acid reflux is because it is sweet and thick and it can actually coat the esophagus to prevent damage from stomach acid
Facts About Food > Honey for Acid Reflux (Facts )
Acid reflux is a common problem for many people accustomed to making poor food choices and overeating. Add holiday foods and drink into the mix, and it's a recipe for a potential ulcer. Antacids, proton pump inhibitors and other pharmaceuticals are the common go-to for most people suffering from acid reflux, and the unined don't realize that these dangerous medicines are not a cure. They temporarily suppress symptoms, sometimes. As their short-term effects wear off, rebound occurs, making the return of acid reflux and related symptoms even more serious.
Reducing the symptoms of acid reflux can be easily done at home if you follow a good diet and implement a few home remedies to prevent the symptoms. The honey and acid reflux treatment is one home remedy that is becoming more popular and many people are experiencing good results with honey.
Why Honey Works
- The reason that honey can be so effective in treating acid reflux is because it is sweet and thick and it can actually coat the esophagus to prevent damage from stomach acid.
- When a person suffers from acid reflux on a regular basis, the esophagus will become damaged from the constant burning sensation that is occurring. Honey can help to coat and prevent the irritation.
- When using honey as a home remedy, you don't need to worry about eating a lot of honey.
- Even just a small teaspoon of honey will provide temporary relief to your discomfort.
- When you pair the honey treatment with long term treatments such as a change in diet, you will be able to drastically reduce the occurrence of acid reflux symptoms
Honey vs. Medications
- One of the biggest advantages to using honey for your acid reflux treatment is that it doesn't have the negative side effects that are often associated with prescription medications.
- It is common for heartburn medications to have negative side effects, either in the short term or long term.
- Those side effects vary depending on the type of medication as well as the person that is taking the medication.
On the other hand, honey is a natural substance and it will not cause the uncomfortable side effects that may be caused by prescription medications. If you choose to stick with natural remedies, honey is a great natural option to treat acid reflux.
Image Source : pakitong.blogspot.com
See The Big Image